Falcom released their financial reports for the fiscal year that ended on 9/30/2014. Some of the basic key points from the supplementary powerpoint for the balance sheet can be seen below:
Total Sales: 2,541,000,000 yen (approx. $21,752,220) (a 38.1% increase from 2013)
Operating Profit: 1,302,000,000 yen (approx. $11,145,760) (83.2% increase from 2013)
Operating Income: 1,303,000,000 yen (approx. $11,155,760) (83.2% increase from 2013)
Net Income: 773,000,000 (approx. $6,618,110) (77.5% increase from 2013)
They are predicting the following numbers for the 9/2015 period:
Total Sales: 2,000,000,000 yen (approx. $17,119,420)
Operating Profit: 750,000,000 yen (approx. $6,419,780)
Operating Income: 750,000,000 yen (approx. $6,419,780)
Net Income: 483,000,000 yen (approx. $4,134,720)
9/2014 has provided the second ‘record earnings’ in a row for the company, after the successful sales of Sen no Kiseki in the Asia regions and the release of Sen no Kiseki II in Japan and Asia. Through 9/2015, they expect the continued sales of Sen no Kiseki and Sen no Kiseki II, along with newcomers to the Kiseki series both domestic and overseas. They also have their aim on a successful release of their new title, as well.
Topics for 9/2014 Period
* Continuing the trend from 2013, the Legend of Heroes Sen no Kiseki II won the Japan Games Awards Future Award in 2014 at Tokyo Game Show, just like its predecessor. When compared to the number of titles shown at TGS, Sen no Kiseki II was one of 1,363 titles shown, amongst 421 exhibitors.
* The Legend of Heroes Sen no Kiseki marked Falcom’s first Asian release, by having the title launch in Hong Kong, Taiwan, and Korea in both the Chinese and Korean languages.
* Asia users took to the release very well. In Hong Kong, Taiwan, and Korea, there were many reports of the initial shipment of the games being soldout at stores.
* The Legend of Heroes Sen no Kiseki II saw a simultaneous release in both Japan and the Asia region.
Initiative for 9/2015 Period
* A new title for the Ys series is under development for the Playstation 4 console and the Playstation Vita handheld. First published in 1987, this 27 year old masterpiece series has been on multiple platforms and seen success in North America, Europe, and Asia regions.
* Development for this large scale title is progressing well. More information should be released from Falcom soon.
More details on the financial report can be found behind the cut.