Happy Thanksgiving, everyone. I hope you enjoyed your holiday with turkey, football, and Black Friday madness.
This week, we had a lot of activity, as you can see from the previous posts. So this may be quite a bit.
I will be using a ‘full story’ version to cut down on some things, since there’s a pretty hefty batch of info from Varion @ ALoY concerning Ys vs Sora no Kiseki. That will be found behind the ‘full story’ cut.
Ys Oath in Felghana PSP Teaser Site Opened!
As announced in this week’s Dengeki PS.
You can find the site here.
Release dates will be updated after this post.
There are also now three sites with articles on Felghana PSP. They will be included at the bottom of the post.
Also, the IR report for the release:
Ys Felghana PSP IR Report
Ys vs Sora no Kiseki PSP
As is going around everywhere, Ys vs Sora no Kiseki was announced in this week’s Dengeki PS as well.
There’s no more information than what’s been released in the Dengeki PS issue, however, Varion @ ALoY has translated quite a bit of information that was bullet point’d on it from 2ch. You can find this in the ‘full story’ version of this post.
Sora no Kiseki Gaiden Drama CDs released
Well, it’s still 11/27 here, but it’s already 11/28 in Japan.
Both Tsubasa, Habataku Kiza and Ookina Ketsui, Chiisana Ippo have been released.
The release dates will be updated after this post.
– They’ve been wanting to make a game that supports cooperative and competitive play on the PSP for a while.
– The Sora no Kiseki characters have plenty of attacks and moves so they ended up wondering if they’d be good in an action game.
– It’s the first time Falcom have tried making a game like this, so they wanted to have a go at it.
– Development began after they finished Ys 7.
– After releasing both series on the PSP they’ve heard from a lot of new fans and want to give them a treat, so to speak.
– They haven’t decided on the number of characters that will be included – there are currently 40 characters on the list of potential candidates, and they’d like to please as many fans as possible.
– The feel is quite close to Ys 7, with destructible obstacles and warp points, making the game simple and quick to operate.
– The maps will be more evolved than those in Ys 7 – the ones in the screenshots are just examples.
– They’re thinking about support for more than just 1 vs 1 battles – 1 vs 3, 2 vs 2 etc.
– They’d like to continue the Vs series in the future.
– Every character will have a scenario in story mode, and they’ll still playing with various ideas of what could work for the scenarios – it’s also possible you’ll be able to group together against a huge boss, or even operate the bosses yourself.
– Weapons, armour, skills, support characters etc are planned, so there’ll be plenty of ways to have fun in the game.
– They’re naturally putting a lot of effort into the music, and there will arranges of existing tracks.
– The game will be designed so those not so great with action games can still enjoy it without problems, but balanced so that those familiar with the genre won’t have it easy either. Difficult levels I assume.
– Development is very much an ongoing thing, so even the chairman himself has no idea where it’s going to end up, but they’re enjoying working on it right now.
Plans for the future:
– Also in 2010 after Felghana PSP and Ys vs Sora no Kiseki, they’ll release the game everyone’s been waiting for. (2ch’s already joking they don’t mean LoH7, they mean 7 PC)
– They’ll also keep expanding to other types of goods, including drama CDs and the like.
– They’d like to challenge hardware other than the PSP.
The two most noteworthy bits of this for me? One, Legend of Heroes 7 after these two games, one of which they started after Ys 7 finished. Jesus, how long do they intend to make us wait?
The second is the last line. Bear in mind they’re talking about this in Dengeki Playstation, a magazine about Playstation. It sounds to me extremely likely that they’d like to make a PS3 game, and Ys 7 seems a perfect candidate for this now they’ve said it’ll be multiplatform. It’d work great with the PS3’s pad.
please do it please do it please do it
Ys I Drama CD Recording Report on the Fal-Column Page
Mostly statements towards the recording of the project and a few comments from DogiMasshigura gushing over Kusao-san playing Adol, as well as a quick reminder that the Sora no Kiseki chapter 3 will be posted soon.
Weekly Special / Sale
Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim (Vista Ver) (Originally 3960 yen)
Original Soundtrack Ys VI (originally 2980 yen)
The Songs of Zemeth: Ys VI Vocal Collection (Originally 2800 yen)
Ys Seven Fan (Not for Sale)
The total price comes to 9740 yen. Special price –> 4700 yen!
This special lasts until 12/3 or 20 orders have been filled.
These sales will run from 11/27 ~ 12/10-
The Legend of Heroes III: The White Witch (Normally 3960 yen) for 3300 yen.
The Legend of Heroes V: Cagesong of the Ocean (Normally 3960 yen) for 3300 yen.
Preprimer (Normally 1980 yen) for 1200 yen
Ys Healing (Normally 2800 yen) for 1800 yen.
[ Oath in Felghana PSP Teaser Site ]
[ GameWatch Felghana Article ]
[ GPara Felghana Article ]
[ Famitsu Felghana Article ]
[ Varion’s post on ALoY ]
[ Falcom IR Page ]
[ Fal-Column ]
[ Falcom Weekly Special Website ]