I will start with the scans that were provided to me by @RyougaSaotome on Twitter. Thanks, man! These are from the Famitsu 1231 issue that was released last week.
From the Famitsu issue pictured above:
The article details the characters already revealed: Adol, Carna, Dulen, Gades, Riesa, and Grizelda.
However, it also brings up info on the following:
Kanririka(cv: Yui Ogura) – A red-haired girl who uses a giant mace. She is a logically thinking person, and adores Riesa.
Ozma (cv: Daisuke Namikawa) – A 20 year old youth from the aquatic village, Surrey. He has raised the sacred beast, Sparda, and is the last survivor of his family. Sparda is a type of ancient amphibious beast of Celceta, and has been with Ozma since they were young.
* Party Battle – This continues the tradition from Ys Seven, where you can switch out characters in the party of three.
* The O button is used to attack enemies nearby, and repeatedly pressing it allows for repeated attacks.
* As enemies are attacked, you will accumulate skill points. A combination of the R button and the ???× buttons allows you to activate the skills.
* Personal Action – in specific places, you will see a target circle, which is identifying that a specific character must be used to perform a personal action. This can be anything from throwing knives, to using a specific key.
–From the Dengeki issue:
Frida (cv: Yuuko Kaida) – This is the green haired woman with the halberd from the opening. She is a female knight from Danan, a village within the Celceta Forest. Her partner, Nina, is a tiny, man-made fairy.
Nina (cv: Yui Kano) – Frida’s partner. She is a homunculus- a synthetic fairy-type creature. She has a tendency to talk too much.
* The square button allows you to switch characters during combat.
* Using a ‘pinchout’ motion on the rear touchpad sets priority to attacking enemies, whereas ‘pinching in’ changes priority to evasion.
* Just like in Ys Seven, the attack styles of cut, smash, and projectile return. Enemies will have attack types that they’re strong or weak against.
* The system that uses skill points has returned.
* There are skills to allow gold to be dropped in larger amounts (Karinririka is a goldmaker.)
* When a skill is learned, during a battle or against a strong boss, there’s a flash and the learned skill is used.