The game will be released in 2015 on the Playstation Vita.
One day, in the outskirts of Tokyo in the Tama [possibly incorrect- please let me know if this is.] district, set in a flying city above it called Morimiya. The main characters are students of the Morimiya Academy, which specializes in dealing with incidents related to the ‘otherworld.’
Kou Tokisaka: He is 17 years old, and a second year high school student. He has a blunt attitude, and is a poor student. He uses a whip sword and specializes in mid-range attacks.
Asuka Hiiragi: She is Kou’s classmate. She’s attractive, is an excellent student, has outstanding reflexes, and is the class chairman. She uses a one-handed sword, and can attack enemies adjacent to her.
Gameplay will involve searching the campus, downtown areas, and various facilities to investigate the appearance of the ‘otherworld.’ Many of these locations are modeled after the Tachikawa area where Falcom’s offices are located.
The otherworld part of the game will involve searching through a labyrinth. There, they will have to fight enemies using soul devices.
Editor’s Note: More information on the game will be coming out over time. This is very early on with little verification. There may be a few mistakes, due to the nature of the leaked information. I’ll do my best to correct it as I see more info coming out, and I will have a full article regarding the Famitsu and Dengeki issues later this week.
EDIT: More information added from Hokanko!
There are no battle scenes in the city areas, and all of the characters already know of the otherworld that they’re dealing with.
The battle system is not introduced, while the lower right shows the party members, one shows alone on the screen. It appears to operate like an action RPG, but similarly to the Kiseki series, where one party member shows on the field at a time.
The following information comes from an interview with Toshihiro Kondo:
* This game is utilizing their know-how from both Ys and Kiseki, and that they’re trying something different with the field system.
* After working on Zwei and Nayuta no Kiseki, there was an interest to work on a different title.
* Both the real world and the otherworld have a number of puzzles and mysteries that need to be solved.
* The Action part will utilize a free camera.
* They have noticed a desire for jump action as well.
* They’ve taken into consideration an easy targeting system.
* The standard is that the real world portions are the adventure parts, and the otherworld portions are the action parts.
* The game will possess an enjoyable story.
* Like the Ys series, there is a plan for at least 6 characters in the main party.
* With the number of modern day characters and stylings, they feel that they will draw the attention of young people as well.
* They are currently planning a number of events with the cooperation of Tachikawa City.
* They hope to release the game in the summer of 2015. The main scenario is complete. As they’re currently working on tightening the action now, they’re sure it will most definitely be able to be released by the end of the year at the least.
* The voice actors cast for the game will be announced soon.
* Work for the game has been advancing favorably.