Falcom has posted a customer service page to their website to allow for all service requests to be done through the web, rather than via email as it has been in the past.
The information on this article is here to help you navigate the customer service portal, which includes a new method to place overseas orders.
You can click on each of the menu options to jump to that part of the article.
There are obvious options here, but just for completions sake, I will also be detailing the new overseas order process, and updating it in the FAQ.
The first option (upper-left) is for user support. The details for this include:
- Issues related to gameplay and game function.
- Issues about updates and patches.
- Questions regarding Windows software.
- Questions regarding other miscellaneous software.
Within the User Support portion, you will first find a FAQ regarding their Sony released titles.
Common Questions Regarding Sony Titles
How do you fix the screen rotating in circles?
Please check the analog stick of your controller. Rotate the analog stick of the control in circles until the issue is resolved. If the issue persists, there may be a problem with the controller and you may need to replace it or have it repaired.
After correctly entering a product code, what do I do when I can’t download the game and get an error message?
I’m unable to start the game, and I get a message saying, ‘This save data includes DLC that is not installed, save cannot be read’ and will not load.
On the PSVita system, go to ‘Content Management’ –> ‘Memory Card Content Management’ –> ‘PSVita Applications’ and once you have the titles, select the ‘i’ to the right of the option for the game title in particular for detailed information. Below that, scroll to download contents and confirm to download all.
Back up your save data and uninstall the game. Turn off the PS Vita and restart it (do not put it into sleep.) Once the system has restarted, either reinsert the game card, or redownload the game and wait until the game icon has returned to the PS Vita home page. Restore your backed up save file, and afterwards download the downloadable content once again.
Should these other two options prove unsuccessful, you should try formatting the PS Vita. *All memory card information will not be formatted, but you will need to reset your wifi information.
Form for Questions Regarding Game Software
- When filling out the inquiry form, please ensure that you are using a viable email address.
- After entering your email address and the game title, you will receive an email with a URL to a form to fill out regarding your request.
- After you receive the email, fill out the form that you are directed to with the required information.
- If you make a mistake on the email address you have entered, you will not receive the automated message.
- If you do not receive the automated email, please ensure that the falcom.co.jp domain is white listed and that the email is not in your spam folder.
From the page the that I received when I was sent to the new URL, there are the following steps:
- Responses will be made via email.
- Please be aware that the length of time to respond to an email will be based on the question asked.
- We will not be able to answer questions regarding walkthrough requests or in-game events.
- We will not answer questions regarding games that have yet to be released.
- This is not a support method for copy information, rental information, or any other business-related requests.
- Please describe any bugs or glitches with as much detail as possible.
- Correspondence is only made in Japanese for Japanese domestic releases.
- Replies will only be made during business hours. Any requests sent outside of business hours will be answered on the next business day.
- Requests will still be received, but not answered, on holidays where the company is closed.
The games that are currently available in the selection menu are due to change, of course, but they currently are (and in this order):
- Tokyo Xanadu eX+
- Ys VIII Lacrimosa of Dana
- Tokyo Xanadu
- The Legend of Heroes Sen no Kiseki II
- The Legend of Heroes Sen no Kiseki
- The Legend of Heroes Sora no Kiseki Kai HD Edition Series
- Ys Memories of Celceta
- PSP Titles
- Windows Titles
- The emails have a 15 minute time limit, then the link will expire and no longer be viable.
- You will have a link directing you to the official FAQ for the game you selected.
- As it seems like this will have various messages across the board, it’ll be difficult to translate every potential form that you may get- if you have trouble filling out the form, please contact me through the contact form with the options on it, and I’ll do my best to help.
Falcom has made an additional note below this:
For any assistance with the Playstation Vita Evolution titles, please reach out to Chara-Ani. Support for the Evolution games is outside of Falcom’s capabilities.
The mail magazine section is for the following:
- Mail magazine subscribing / unsubscribing / resubscribing.
- Questions regarding distribution contents.
- Comments / requests regarding the mail magazine.
- Other inquiries related to the mail magazine.
Just like with the user support section, you will enter your email, then re-enter it to confirm your email address. Once you do so, you will get an email containing a link. The link will expire after 15 minutes.
The first part thanks you for reading the mail magazine, and tells you two ways to ensure you can receive the emails:
For Cell Phone e-mail Users
Grant permission for emails to be received from [email protected], ensure that your device is able to receive PC mail, and that you have URLs unrestricted. You may need to reach out to your carrier for more support.
For gmail Addresses
Receipt of the mail magazine should be guaranteed if you ensure that [email protected] is an approved email address.
The distribution domain for the Falcom Mail Magazine is falcom.com.
The domain for responses to any support inquiries is different, coming from falcom.co.jp.
The notice items are:
- It may take some time to respond to any emails, based on the request.
- Questions unrelated to the mail magazine will not be answered.
- Mail is being sent from a PC mailbox. Please keep this in mind when receiving the mail to cellphones.
The form then verifies your email address.
The second option (required) requests the type of inquiry and has the following choices (in the same order):
- Mail magazine is not arriving.
- Question regarding limited mail magazine items (such as wallpapers).
- Regarding HTML mail.
- Address re-registration.
- Cancel mail magazine registration.
- Other questions.
The third option (also required) is for you to describe your question in 2000 characters or less.
Falcom Online Shop (Before Ordering)
When on this option, you will have two selections on the drop down menu before you enter your email address. The first is for Overseas Orders, the second is for other issues.
The form is straight forward. I assume this is to start the ordering process. (Though, you should note that ‘Tell’ is Telephone Number.)
Due to limited characters, this is probably best to just say what you are wish to purchase in the detail field, and you can finalize the order in email when they respond.
Check will allow you to verify your entry for the form, then you will be able to submit it on the screen afterwards.
The other form is for inventory checks and for questions regarding orders being made for domestic Japanese shipping. If you aren’t in Japan, you don’t need to worry about this one.
Falcom Online Shop (After Ordering)
This starts with a bit of a trick to begin with.
This section is for order confirmation, changes or withdraws or issues regarding completed orders.
To begin this form, you will need to enter in your order number. If you do not have your order number, you can enter your phone number. It seems that this will initialize another process, so I’m not able to check to see what’s further ahead of this point.