Cassius Bright (cv: Yukimasa Kishino)
45 years old. Estelle’s father, a dandy, and a veteran Bracer. He is also a teacher to Estelle, Joshua, and Scherazard.
Professor Alba (cv: Hideyuki Tanaka)
37 years old. An archaeologist researching the “Sept-Terrion.” As he’s always spending mira to investigate ruins, he’s constantly broke.
Aina Holden (cv: Yui Kano)
23 years old. She is the head of the reception at the Rolent branch of the Bracer’s Guild. She is Schera’s drinking buddy, and they often go drinking together at the local bar, Abend.
Josette Harl (cv: Umeka Shouji)
16 years old. A traveling student from the Jenis Royal Academy. As she has to study what is culturally important within Liberl’s other regions, she’s visiting Rolent to learn about its clock tower.
Dorothy Hyatt (cv: Satomi Arai)
20 years old. The newcomer cameraman for the Liberl Kingdom’s famous ‘Liberl News Service.’ She may have a bubbly nature, and she may do things her own way, but you can’t question her photography skill.
Nial Burns (cv: Keiji Fujiwara)
29 years old. An able-reporter for the ‘Liberl News Service,’ and he’s always traveling around the kingdom in search of the latest scoop. He’s often seen with his partner, Dorothy.
Sora no Kiseki FC started the Kiseki series with its characteristic “AT Battle” system. Through this system, you can see the turn order of all the characters, and even control it. On a grid based field, you can select arts, crafts, and various other actions. There are plans to update the system to be more in line like what was seen in Zero and Ao no Kiseki, including new AT Bonuses and other updates.
Difficulty is available at the start of the game, to allow you to play the game according to a specific challenge and balance of your choice.
Arts, as you know it, remain in the game- allowing you to use EP to cast spells using one of the seven elements found in Zemuria. They can be found in a variety of styles from attack to healing. Arts are obtained by combining quartz on the character’s orbment.
Special skills possessed by each character. Using CP, which is obtained through combat, a character can use a variety of abilities. At 100 CP, a character is capable of using a powerful S-Craft, and even has the ability to interrupt the AT Bar and use it regardless of turn order.
New AT Bonuses
AT Bonuses randomly occur along the AT Bar, taking effect as the turn lines up with them. Sora no Kiseki FC Evolution will see all of the original bonuses return (Critical, HP up, EP up, etc) as well as feature three new bonuses:
Rush – The character (or enemy) that lands on ‘rush’ will immediately go again, taking the next spot on the AT Bar.
Zero Arts – Any arts landing on this turn can be cast without expending EP.
Zero Craft – Any craft landing on this turn will be used without expending CP. This works with S-Crafts as well!
These are observations from the editor while working on this. A few other changes that have been made to make FC’s combat system line up to more of what Zero and Ao no Kiseki have are below. Some are from screenshots, and some are from blurbs stated about the changes in the system:
* The ‘delay’ stat is now displayed. This is the number that comes from the action you select, and determines where you will land on the AT Bar after the use of the action.
* The selection ring is taken from Zero and Ao no Kiseki. This is a nice setup for the handheld systems, in my opinion.
* The arts list is being split up, much like from Zero and Ao no Kiseki, as well. This is also a great change. The original list worked on PC, but made it more difficult to scroll through on console systems.
* Field attacks are in the game – this was mentioned in an earlier release of information, but using field attacks determines the way the battle will start, once again, like in Zero and Ao no Kiseki.
* Autobattle – For the first time in the Kiseki series, you can press the select button to have the characters fight by AI. Once it’s active, if you press and hold the X button, you can run through the battle at 4x speed.
Upcoming Playable Demo
The article also details that a playable demo is expected to be released in the later half of March. This is not too unlike the Ao no Kiseki Evolution demo that came out- as it was released on March 27th.
More information on the demo will be out as it gets closer to release.